Free printable Valentine’s Day cards and coloring pages are a simple way to entertain and educate your child. Kids of all ages can learn about basic art concepts such as color, shape, and line through these online activities. Encourage your child to choose her favorite page, print it, and color or paint the project.
Valentine’s Day Free Printable Coloring Page Websites for Kids
There are a variety of websites that offer free, printable coloring pages online. Do a web search or try one of these child friendly sites:
- Coloring Book Fun: Print black and white pages of hearts, teddy bears, friends, and other holiday inspired themes.
- Kaboose: Choose from black and white clip art and images such as hearts, bears, kittens, puppies, or more. Print the coloring pages in large or small size for different crafting options. This site also includes links to other holiday projects and crafts.
- Coloring Castle: Print loving pages with cute sayings and heart filled pictures to color.
- Free Printable Pages: Look for hearts, flowers, and a simple I Love You message on easily printable pages.
Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards
Instead of buying pricey, impersonal Valentine’s Day cards at a store, choose your own free printable ones online. Many of these cards can be customized and/or colored. Before downloading any holiday card template, refer to the site’s use guidelines to ensure that there will be no fee or charge for the service.
- DLTK: This site for families has many different card options, including a cute butterfly cutout to use with a candy gift, personalized cards that allow you to write a message, animal cards, and characters such as Blue’s Clues and Pokemon.
- 123 Print Cards: Look for a special kids’ cards section. Choose from hearts, butterflies, animals, and personalized messages. As an added bonus, this site also teaches kids how to make their own envelopes.
- AllCrafts: This site has links to cards for kids as well as general Valentine’s Day cards.
- Disney Family Fun: Print and color your own cards, choose a photo printable, or download a Valentine’s Day card kit.
Craft Ideas for Card Making with Kids
Make your little one’s Valentine’s Day card making extra fun with some of these ideas:
- Choose a special paper. Try a pink or purple color, shiny or glossy sheen, or card stock. Prior to printing, make sure that your printer accepts and can print on the paper. Consult the user manual for special settings.
- Add paint. Instead of coloring with markers and crayons add a festive flare with tempera paint. This works best on more sturdy papers such as card stock.
- Use glitter and glue. Decorate a card or coloring page with glue lines and a sprinkle of glitter.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a coloring page or card making craft. Visit one of the many free, printable sites; pick your favorite, print, and color. Create one special card, or engage your child in an afternoon of holiday themed art making.