Children can use craft items such as paper hearts, glitter and flowers to make some thoughtful Valentine’s Day gifts for family and friends. Kids can make beautiful and Valentine gifts at home or in the classroom and the result will be a keepsake for mom, dad, a grandparent and loved ones. Here are a few Valentine’s Day gift ideas that are easy for children to make.
Homemade Valentine’s Day Gift ” Paper Dot Heart
A homemade paper dot heart can be used to attach to greeting cards or as a decoration on poems, Valentine’s Day messages, or other heartfelt gifts for Valentine’s Day. Follow the directions below on how kids can make a paper dot heart for Valentine’s Day:
Materials for Paper Dot Heart
- white or multi-colored paper
- single-hole punch
- pink or red construction paper
- cotton balls or micro-fill
- glue stick
How to Make the Paper Dot Heart
- Draw two identical hearts on the pink or red construction paper.
- Cut out the hearts.
- Leaving an edge, glue cotton balls in the center of one heart.
- Place glue around the edge of the heart, and attach the other heart to it so that the cotton is in the middle. This will form a “heart pillow”.
- While the heart pillow is drying, punch several holes into white or multi-colored paper and collect the paper dots.
- Spread glue onto the top of the heart pillow.
- Sprinkle paper dots onto the pillow.
- Let dry, and repeat on the other side of the heart pillow.
Valentine’s Day Gift From Children ” Heart Flower Bouquet
For this craft, children can arrange their heart flowers in a plastic vase or a Valentine’s Day coffee mug. Below are the directions on how to make heart flowers for a beautiful Valentine’s Day bouquet.
Materials for Heart Flowers
- different colored tissue paper
- tongue depressors or popsicle sticks
- cardboard to make hearts and circles
- glue stick
- green crayon, marker, glitter glue or paint
How to Make the Heart Flowers
- Draw 5-6 hearts and 1 circle on the cardboard paper.
- Cut out the cardboard shapes.
- Wrap the circle in white or yellow tissue paper and glue in place.
- Wrap the heart “petals” in a color of choice and glue in place.
- Paint or color the popsicle stick with green and let dry.
- Glue circle (center of flower) securely onto the top of the green stick.
- Glue bottom point of heart “petals” onto the back of the center circle so that they form a flower.
- Let dry and repeat until you have as many flowers as you want for the bouquet.
- Place flowers into the vase or mug and give the Valentine’s Day heart bouquet to mom or a loved one.
Kids can add a personalized touch to Valentine’s Day by creating beautiful handmade Valentine’s Day gifts for friends and family. The Valentine crafts are easy for children to do and will be a great way to spend an afternoon at home. Valentine’s Day gifts kids can make are also great for arts and crafts preschool school activities that can be paired with Valentine’s Day coloring pages.